top of page
University of Illinois Quad, south end
Opened October 1907
The Auditorium did not have complete stage facilities due to budget cuts when it was under construction. This was remedied decades later thanks to a donation from Helene Foellinger. The Auditorium was then renamed in her honor.
The Auditorium served as the main concerts venue on campus for many years. John Philip Sousa's band was a frequent performer. The Star Course brought in many famous classical musicians over the years.
bottom of page