top of page
Neil Street, West side, a few doors south of Church Street
Bailey's Hall was an upstairs space in an early frame building facing Neil Street. It was used more for meetings than theatricals. It was torn down in 1870 to make way for the three new brick buildings usually referred to as the Metropolitan Building. They were completed in 1871 and consisted of, from Church Street on the north moving south, the Rugg building, the Bailey building, and the Walker building.
bottom of page